As a partner organization within the LLA (Later Life Ambitions) we at the CSPA are focusing our campaigning activities on what we believe to be the key areas that are impacting the lives of our members, and pensioners across the UK.
We, along with our LLA partners, have taken these key areas and created the LLA Manifesto, that discusses in detail the importance of these key topics and our campaigning aims.
As detailed in the LLA Manifesto we are calling for:
- The UK Government to create an Older People and Ageing Commissioner for England and Scotland.
- A National Social Care Service integrated with the National Health Service that remains free at the point of delivery.
- The UK Government and the devolved administrations to combat digital technology’s role in social exclusion and access to vital services.
- All political parties to make manifesto commitments to guarantee the State Pension triple lock for at least the duration of the next Parliament.
- All new homes to meet the Lifetime Homes standard with a national strategy for more adaptable, accessible homes across all tenures.
- Investment in local bus and rail services for uprated concessions and for improved accessibility and assistance for older people on all new bus and railway stock and facilities.