Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) has published a report examining pensioners’ weekly incomes – and the sources of those incomes.
This report examines how much income pensioners get each week and where they get that income from. It looks at how their incomes have changed over time and variations in income between different types of pensioners.
- Pensioners’ incomes have increased since 1995
- Younger pensioners have had higher average incomes than older pensioners
- Fewer pensioners were receiving income-related benefits
- Benefit income made up 60% of total gross income for single female pensioners
- Pensioner incomes differed between regions and countries
This report highlights the inequality for single and older pensioners. It also shows a postcode lottery on equality – regions and countries, pensioner incomes differ.
How you can help
There are a few different ways you can raise awareness of CSPA news and campaigns. Here are a few starting points: